sock-crazy

A blog about Main Street Yarn, the shop I opened in Rebersburg, PA in which April 2013. I will keep it updated with the latest and greatest new items, classes, and other things of interest in the fiber world. I love knitting socks, shawls, hats, fingerless gloves and other items so I will often post photos and information about my knitting adventures. Golden Retrievers and kitties will also find their way into my discussion. The shop website is www.mainstreetyarn.net

Friday, August 16, 2013

Busy, busy, busy

The days are flying so quickly that I cannot seem to get everything accomplished. I am very happy to say that my evening hours are generally filled with knitting projects -- some for models at Main Street Yarn and the others as Christmas gifts.

My husband returned home from a trip last night and walked into the living room that is filling with boxes of yarns for fall and winter. I am very pleased with the new lines that will be making their way into the shop right after Labor Day. Remember, if I have a yarn that interests you and the color you want isn't on the shelf, please ask. I can order it.

I am so enjoying knitting with Wandering Wool. I have restocked and added new colors to the fingering weight and in a month or so will be ordering worsted weight. The yarn bases are extraordinary and her color saturation is among the best I have ever seen. Rich, deep colors. Oh, but do they bleed when on the needles or being soaked prior to blocking? Not at all. I have knit with numerous skeins and earlier this week finished a shawl in a gradient blend, soaked it and blocked it. Not a bit of color in the water, either. Oh and this yarn blocks beautifully.

Heads up: Below is a photo of the shawl in a gradient. It was blocking at the time...obviously. Dyeing gradient colorways is a very time-consuming (translation time costly) process and at this point gradients are not available to yarn shops. You can get them from her Etsy shop. I will be getting solid color worsted weights. I will display this shawl/large scarf in the shop so people can ooohhhh and aaaahhh over the softness of the yarn and the color saturation.





Until next time....

1 Comments:

Blogger Gexton said...

We are producing 100% cotton yarn of several counts ranging from 10/s up to 40/s for knitting and weaving.
cotton yarn from Pakistan
cotton carded yarn exporter in Pakistan

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home