Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday Updates

Good Morning! This is the first of weekly blog posts about what is new in Main Street Yarn, what fiber festivals we will be attending as a shop and what I'm knitting. So tune in on Mondays for the latest chapter.

I would bet there will be some mentions of the Golden Retrievers and the kitten, along with baking, cooking and traveling. Primarily this blog will focus on what is on my needles and/or suggestions for projects that hopefully will interest you.

Kenzie is a lovely DK weight yarn that is a combination of merino/nylon/nylon/angora, alpaca and silk. It is very reasonably priced at $9 a skein for 160 yards. There are 20 gorgeous colors available. It is perfect for sweaters, scarves, cowls, shawls, hats, mitts/fingerless mitts and earwarmers. There are colors to please men and women.


Luckily, I came across a pattern called "Wild Cherry" by Melissa Goodale. I knew I had to knit it and that I wanted to use Kenzie. It is an easy 16 row repeat with various lace patterns added into the mix. I think it is a delightful knit. I'm just about finished with the first skein of yarn -- this is a 2 skein project. The pattern calls for 12 repeats and in a few more rows I will have marked off the 9th repeat. I think I am adding a few more sections to the shawl. I will have extra yarn available. No reason not to make it a bit larger.

This shawl would also be a gorgeous knit in Hempathy. I think that version might be next on my needles. I'm hooked on this pattern.

There is a cute pair of "Welted Fingerless Mitts" by Churchmouse in the shop. They are such a fun knit and only require one skein of Kenzie.

We are getting ready for Autumn, so new yarns are beginning to arrive. There are some very exciting new companies who will find a home at Main Street Yarn this year. Keep watching this blog and Facebook for updates.

Have a great week. See you next Monday....Kim


2 comments:

Cakky14 said...

I'll definitely be checking out your blog posts :) Might need to break out the Kenzie I purchased and make a hat!

Kim said...

You would love a hat from Kenzie. I want to knit the Vodka Lemonade sweater from it, too.